Sunday 30 October 2011

Interesting facebook chat

Today, everyone enjoys browsing one of the most easily accessible and world-famous websites, Facebook. It has numerous features and fascinating applications which people will always like to use it. Of all, who would not like to pass the time chatting in this website? To be frank I do enthusiastically like to sit around many hours chatting and connecting with my friends. Of many things I do in Facebook, I would like to say that I love chatting with people the most.
One fine day (I do not remember when it exactly happened), unexpectedly, I have just connected with my very old friend (my senior) through chat. Let me introduce him. He is Cheten Norbu and we call him simply cheten. He is quite a jocular person. In addition, I even do not remember what made us to talk about our past. We exchanged our experiences and happenings we had during our schooling days. It was interesting hearing about his childhood as a student. I would like to cover here exclusively about his schooldays.

We started with his days in primary school. He had very funny days before. Let me begin with his first experience. Once, He said, his teacher (happened to be dzongkha teacher) has beckoned him at some distance and asked him to get the bell. How teacher exactly asked him is “Bring the bell”. Nevertheless, to his young ear, it was interpreted as “Ring the bell’’. He told me he had sighed and rung the bell and that seemed to be the ringing at uncivilized hour. Ha ha, what is next? He got a severe beating from the teacher. I am sure that being a childish student of primary school, if given a chance, everybody would have been happy to ring the bell or get the bell. He got the reason at his current age, he said that his teacher had pronounced ‘ring’ for ‘bring’ as he was just a dzongkha teacher. However, I did not believe him for losers have a thousand and one reasons.
Coming to his another hilarious incident, one moment, he said that he and his friend, Kinzang had been to kitchen garden, situated close to headmaster’s quarter. What they got there? Cucumber, he said, was his favourite fruit. They had one hastily on the spot and tried to take another. But, he said that no sooner had they tried to escape than the headmaster (he said bald Nepali) caught them. Next day, both of them had been called in front of morning assembly for further interrogation. I am quoting his sentence here, very aggressively, the sir said, “Who has eaten the cucumber?” Ha-ha he shared me he had (shivering his body) immediately pointed (his index finger) to his friend Kinzang and replied, “You ate sir, you ate. I no ate cucumber but you ate sir”. Actually there he meant to say that he had not eaten the cucumber but his friend, Kinzang had. I came to know he is still regretting that sir would not had even been beaten him if he had used ‘he’ in place of ‘you’ in his speech. Oh, I forgot to mention about the punishment they got. “Huh, the bald Nepali had mercilessly caned them”, He said.
Next funny thing happened inside the classroom. He had gotten another cane stick beating, after his mathematics teacher had just showed them the answer sheets (exam papers). It saddened him that he had obtained only three out of 10. Quickly his jealous eye had seen the mark of his friend sitting beside him as .5 and he said, “That friend was poorer in the subject than he was”. All of sudden, he had just started counting his friend’s mark. He found it half. Immediately, he reported to sir and complained that his friend had only half but sir had given his friend 5. As a class three student, to his knowledge, he simply thought that half to be written as 1/2. Good thing is he came to know only after his punishment that half could also be written as .5…ha-ha. I think this has happened purely due to his jealousy as well as innocence. 
Of course, I had something funnier than what he had. I shared him everything about my schooldays. It would be something memorable in my life ahead. Interesting moment, I had with him. This is all because of wonderful services given by Facebook, the magnificent website. Still I am thankful to this website. It really helps us connect and share with the people more efficiently than any other websites in our life.                                                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment